So at the risk of seeming vulnerable, here’s a look at my random Tuesday evening.
- I detail cleaned the guest bathroom and got asphyxiated on Softscrub.
- Went down to the pool & re-read the Culture Smart Guide to Cambodia.
- Went to Down to Earth to get vitamins & dinner ingredients – but before I could get it in a really good “health food store zone out mode” I just so happen to hear that it was the magic hour in Honolulu, 3:30pm and I was parked on the street, which was soon to become a commuter lane, which meant my Jeep would soon be smashed or towed. So…I quickly purchased my vitamins & bolted out the door for Whole Foods Kahala where there is ample, no-tow parking. Thus I took my sweet time and bought some delicious black truffle infused goat cheese which just so happened to be the best decision of the day.
- Watched Horrible Bosses (aka horrible movie) which I apparently and unknowingly added to my Netflix list. If you didn’t get the hint, I though it was pretty stupid. But I guess I seem to disagree with the critics quite often. Par example…another recent experience attesting to movies I do not recommend… (but the critics did) I went to see Salmon Fishing in the Yemen because it was touted as a “charming” and “hilarious” independent film with lots of character. Let’s just say I walked out of the theater mid-movie because I was too cold in the theater and the movie really wasn’t worth the effort of getting a sweater from my car & going back inside.
- Watched The Voice & concluded that my little sister Emily Jewell is way more talented than all of the contestants.
- Stared at a map of Indochina for about an hour while researching flights between the Philippines and Cambodia….
- Walked to The Face Shop which is an Asian cosmetic store – FYI I’m not Asian but I’d like to have the perfect skin of someone who is.
- Took photos of the Ikea ottoman that I re-upholstered with vintage Hawaiian coffee bean bags.
- And so the rest of the night concludes with hoping to Skype with Don before I
boremyself to sleep or run out out of convoluted snarky things to say…